Best Online Colleges For Human Resources Bachelor Degree –A Bachelor Degree in Human Resources is one of the most popular degrees out there with a growing demand for graduates, especially during the age of digital transformation and organizational agility that demands new approaches in people management fields. An online Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources can give aspiring individuals the flexibility they need to pursue their college education while maintaining their current career. But which online college to choose? This article takes a look at the best online college options for a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
Forging Ahead in the Human Resources Field: What to Consider in an Online Bachelor Degree
The Human Resources field has changed a great deal in recent years and a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is one of the best paths to success in this field as more hiring managers value the education and professional competencies it signifies. Before choosing an online college, it’s important to consider the quality of the course work, the job placement rate of their graduates and whether or not the college or university offers internships, job shadowing and field experiences that can help move the student towards a successful career.
Ranking the Best Online Colleges for a Bachelor Degree in Human Resources
Finding the ideal online college for a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources is tough but several great options come to the top of the list. The most popular and highest-ranked programs include:
1. Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University offer a Bachelor of Science in Human Resources with an acclaimed program, excellent career preparedness and attractive tuition rates.
2. Arizona State University
Arizona State University provides a Bachelor of Science in Human Resources with a renowned faculty, global industry partners and flexible online learning.
3. Liberty University
Liberty University offers a Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management with a global perspective, Christian values and flexible course schedules to fit all types of learners.
4. Colorado State University
Colorado State University provides a Human Resource Program with a renowned faculty, cutting edge research and robust internship programs.
5. Bellevue University
Bellevue University offers a Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management Program with a unique hands-on approach, spiritual guidance and competitive fees.
Exploring the Pros and Cons of an Online Education in HR
Choosing an online college to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource carries a number of advantages and disadvantages. It’s important to be aware of the pros and cons before pursuing such a degree.
- Flexibility – Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources online can be tailored to fit any schedule, with classes available on the weekend, at night or during the student’s free time.
- Ease of Access – Online colleges make use of modern technology allowing for remote learning and access to resources, classrooms and tutors even if the student is far away.
- Cost – Online college is often far more affordable than an on-site college as students don’t have to pay for transportation, rent or meals.
- Isolation – Pursuing an online degree can be very isolating since the student doesn’t have direct access to an in-person class or teacher.
- Self Motivation – Learning online requires a great deal of self-discipline and self- motiivaton as the student is in charge of completing the course work on their own.
- Lack of Direction – It is often more difficult to gauge the progress of the student if there is no one to ask for help or provide feedback.
Tools and Opportunities in Online Human Resources Degrees
The right online college for a Bachelor’s Degree in HR can provide students with the right tools and connections to be successful in the field. Some of the best opportunities available to students include:
- Networking Opportunities – Many online colleges offer access to alumni networks and the broader industry with career advice and events.
- Hands-on Experience – Good online colleges often have practitioner experience embedded in the degree for hands-on learning.
- Career Coaching – Great online colleges provide career coaching to help prepare their students for the job market,
Building Your Career with a Human Resources Bachelor Degree from an Online College
Earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources from an Online College can open the doors to a successful career in the field. The right program will provide a rigorous curriculum, access to job boards and getting ready support to make sure that each student is fully prepared to embark in their professional career.
When considering an online college for a Human Resources Bachelor Degree, it’s important to consider the quality of the course work, the job placement rate of their graduates as well as internships, job shadowing and field experiences. The five colleges mentioned in this article – Southern New Hampshire University, Arizona State University, Liberty University, Colorado State University and Bellevue University – provide outstanding online programs that can prepare students for a successful career in Human Resources. With the right tools and resources, earning an online Human Resources Bachelor’s Degree can give aspiring professionals the skills and confidence they need to commence a productive career.